Tuesday, November 26, 2013

An Experiment

The crashes I've been discussing with you all, and the precipitating factor in the fundraising campaign, have gotten worse. I've spent the past few hours attempting to restart the server after the third crash of the day without much success. I've even tried to switch out possible problematic plugins until I'm left with only one option: a downgrade.

This is a temporary experiment to see how the server runs, but the structure saving feature in 1.6.4 seems to be a huge RAM consuming process, so I want to try running a downgraded 1.6.2 server until we're ready to transfer to 1.7. Using this method, 1.6.4 will only be used right before I transition to the new build and will minimize contact time with the public.

I want to thank you all for your patience with our server problems and hope you're as excited as I am for 1.7, our upgrade, and the future of PALADINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment