Sunday, November 3, 2013

More Information

As I've stated in the server several times over the week, the server was down for some routine maintenance today (3 November). We should be ready to go for 1.7 whenever Bukkit and our core mods have been updated. Everything has been checked and should be currently up to date, but please let me know if any plugins appear to be acting funny.

I wanted to expand on some points from the last post. First, I've decided to replace the War world with a standard, fresh 1.7 world when we update, rather than the implied Amplified world. Second, the Creative purging is likely going to happen at the same time, so please let us know what plots you want to keep!

To address the instability caused by Zephyrus, I've decided it's time to do the dirty work and begin a buyback campaign for items containing non-standard enchantments. Not only will these enchantments not work when I pull the plugin, but the items will cause a client crash if the items are handled (similar to putting them in an anvil). The buyback is simple, I, or other admins, will trade out your enchanted items with ones of similar enchantments. Toxic Strike will be replaced by Fire Aspect, Battle Axe will be replaced with Sharpness, Instamine will be replaced by Efficiency V, and Lifesuck will be replaced with a Damage V bonus of your choice (All, Smite, or Arthropods). I cannot turn these items off from being crafted, so they'll still be in the market until the plugin is removed.

Finally, I've decided to proceed with the crowd-funding campaign. Our minimum level is $500, so if we don't reach our goal, no one will be charged. We're using IndieGoGo as a platform and the link, once live, should be:  http://igg.me/at/PaladinsServer/x/5190998
We'd greatly appreciate your support and will go into more detail about the campaign as we get underway.

1 comment: